The Meisha International Piano-Chamber Festival is a professional and high-end international music event hosted by Vanke Meisha Academy. Pianists and educators from authoritative music academies at home and abroad have been invited to jointly discover outstanding musical talents. The festival, with full support from Vanke Meisha Academy, will give the contestants space and an international platform for future development. The preliminary contest will select its finalists by means of online video submissions. In March 2022, the finalists will gather at Vanke Meisha Academy, which is located in Shenzhen’s beautiful Dameisha Bay. We sincerely look forward to the arrival of every young artist.
- International jury from top institutions.
- Cash award: 100,000 RMB provided!
- Inspection of comprehensive ability: In the final round, the contestants of the professional group will be required to do a two-minute introduction of their repertoire in English. Points will be deducted if contestants don’t introduce their repertoire; the introduction should be around the composer of the repertoire and its background.
- Category dedicated to Chamber Music.
- Compulsory repertoire for the final round of the professional group.
- Event is open to contestants of all nationalities.
- Exemption of exams: Awards winners will be exempted from the major entrance examination of the Vanke Meisha Arts Academy.
- Scholarship: Winners can directly enter the Vanke Meisha Arts Academy scholarship evaluation.
- Performance opportunities: The first place in each category will have the opportunity to give a public performance.
- Free for the finals: All finalists will be exempted from the final registration fee.
Sign-up window: May 11, 2021 - December 31, 2021
Video-uploading window: May 11, 2021 - January 20, 2022
Preliminary contest format: uploaded video
Preliminary review time: January, 2022
Announcement of the final list: January, 2022
Location of final contest: Shenzhen Vanke Meisha Academy
Time of final contest: March 5 & 6, 2022 (daytime)
Concert venue: Shenzhen Concert Hall -- Small Theater (tentative total of two sessions)
Opening concert: March 4, 2022 (7:30 PM)
Closing and awards concert: March 6, 2022 (7:30 PM)
Due to the page length, please download contest brochure to get instructions for sign-up.
Organizer: Shenzhen Vanke Meisha Academy
Chairman of Organizing Committee: Dou Lianhui
Chairman of Jury: Wei Danwen
Executive Director: Wu Xiaoping