We are hiring for August 2021!
VMA is a warm, open community focused on developing our students as thoughtful, creative, concerned, and responsible leaders who care about others, the global society, and the environment, with an awareness of their own heritage and a commitment to fair and ethical behavior.
We believe that students develop both inside the classroom through high level thinking, collaboration, and creativity, as well as outside of the classroom through extra-curricular activities, sport, service, and competitions. Every adult at VMA is part of this community helping our students grow.
We appreciate our teachers’ individual worldviews and insights, along with the diversity that we all bring to our community of learners. We value our teachers for their willingness to continue to learn and develop professionally, and their eagerness to grow with our students and our school.
We invite you to join us if you are a passionate and innovative person who shares our vision and principles, our devotion to education, and who wants to bring your energy, experience, and talent to our community.
We are looking for passionate and dedicated teachers. We are hiring for both established US Track, following a curriculum that builds towards AP courses and standards, and a newly established UK Track, which follows Cambridge International IGCSE and A-Level course curriculum.
Be passionate about education and practice a holistic way of education beyond the classroom.
Possess a degree/qualification in the applied-for teaching discipline.
Have a PGCE or equivalent education qualification.
Be able to teach the discipline-specific course at AP-level or IGCSE and A-Level; experience preferred.
Be able to use technology to track student progress.
Have strong administrative and record keeping skills.
Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Possess the ability to work with diverse groups of colleagues, students, and parents, as well as those from different cultures.
Have a flexible attitude as our school grows and develops.
Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the teaching faculty.
Experience working in a multicultural/international school setting is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, and Master’s or Overseas educational background is preferred.
- Over 2 years of international school teaching experience, and experience in teaching IB, AP, A-levels and/or IGCSE programs preferred.
- Professional teaching certification, or the equivalent in the education field.
- A high level of English proficiency with the ability and willingness to use it as the language of instruction at our school.
Teach robotics and engineering courses
Coach and train robot teams, (FRC and VEX robot competitions)
Familiar with 3D printers, laser cutting machines, metal bench drills, metal cutting machines, electric drills and other mechanical equipment, capable of daily maintenance and training for students
Familiar with the Arduino platform
Perform routine laboratory maintenance, purchase laboratory equipment, management and storage
Act as a student club mentor to guide students' daily activities
Familiar with design thinking process, be able to inspire students' creative ability, critical thinking ability and problem solving ability in teaching
- Bachelor’s degree in in Physics, Engineering, Robotics, or CS, and master’s or overseas related background is preferred.
- English proficiency, experience in teaching IB, AP, A-levels and/or IGCSE programs preferred;
- Be proficient in C, Java or Python. Relevant project experience is a plus.
- Work closely with students individually or in small groups to build & review their personal essays for college admissions, scholarships & other programs.
- Building a system for tracking student academic and extracurricular performance data and follow up with students regularly
- Meeting with students and parents to make recommendations on academic course selection, extracurricular involvement and summer programs
- Build a database of academic programs at colleges and universities to be used to make appropriate school recommendations to all students
- Conducting research and attending conferences to stay abreast of international admissions trends and technologies, especially admissions trends and technologies useful in the Chinese context
- Training the college counselling team to build meaningful relationships with students, support in revising personalized letters of recommendation and assist students with building appropriate college lists
- Provide college counselling resources such as conferences, workshops, and certificates to the college counselling office.
- Building and maintaining relationships with admissions representatives from selective colleges and universities, including traveling to colleges and universities as necessary
- Collaborating with global college counseling non-profits (NAFSA, ASCA, ISCA, etc.) to plan and host conferences that benefit VMA and the international student counseling community
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in counseling or education-related field preferred
- At least ten years of experience in working closely with high school students
- At least five years of leadership experience in a counseling office at an academically rigorous high school or in the admissions office of a highly selective university (admission rate 20% or under)
- To provide the leadership and expertise necessary to ensure that the school library program is aligned with the mission, goals, and objectives of VMA and is an integral component of the learning/instructional program
To oversee the library system and develop the collection, interpret policy, and maintain a high quality of collection of relevant print and electronic educational materials that support Vanke Meisha academic offerings
To collaborate with faculty and specialists to provide relevant and current resources that supplement the instructional program
To empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information
To instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information
A master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association education or library science with a specialty in library media.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
Minimum three years of experience as a secondary librarian
One of our goals at VMA is to create an equal work and life balance, and we will also provide you with:
- Multiple on-campus, domestic and international Professional Development opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- China social insurance
- Holiday allowance and birthday benefit
- Relocation allowance
- Flight allowance
- A pension plan
- Global health insurance
- Housing allowance
- Free tuition for VMA staff’s children entering VMA
- Paid public holidays, winter and summer holidays, Christmas holidays, AP holidays
- Two 0.5-day paid personal leave per month and 15-day paid sick leave per academic year
- Marriage leave, bereavement leave and maternity leave in accordance with Chinese laws
- Mandarin classes
- Employee referral bonus
Join us in creating a community of learners!
We encourage all applicants to apply online via Apli. Please follow this link to submit your application:
If you are unable to access Apli, please send your application letter, resume and two recommendation letters to the following email address: