We are hiring for August 2023!
VMA is a warm, open community focused on developing our students as thoughtful, creative, concerned, and responsible leaders who care about others, the global society, and the environment, with an awareness of their own heritage and a commitment to fair and ethical behavior.
We believe that students develop both inside the classroom through high level thinking, collaboration, and creativity, as well as outside of the classroom through extra-curricular activities, sport, service, and competitions. Every adult at VMA is part of this community helping our students grow.
We appreciate our teachers’ individual worldviews and insights, along with the diversity that we all bring to our community of learners. We value our teachers for their willingness to continue to learn and develop professionally, and their eagerness to grow with our students and our school.
We invite you to join us if you are a passionate and innovative person who shares our vision and principles, our devotion to education, and who wants to bring your energy, experience, and talent to our community.
Be passionate about education and practice a holistic way of education beyond the classroom.
Possess a degree/qualification in the applied-for teaching discipline.
Have a PGCE or equivalent education qualification.
Be able to teach the discipline-specific course at AP-level or IGCSE and A-Level; experience preferred.
Be able to use technology to track student progress.
Have strong administrative and record keeping skills.
Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Possess the ability to work with diverse groups of colleagues, students, and parents, as well as those from different cultures.
Have a flexible attitude as our school grows and develops.
Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the teaching faculty.
Experience working in a multicultural/international school setting is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Over 2 years of international school teaching experience, and experience in teaching IB, AP, A-levels and/or IGCSE programs preferred.
- Professional teaching certification, or the equivalent in the education field.
- A high level of English proficiency with the ability and willingness to use it as the language of instruction at our school.
One of our goals at VMA is to create an equal work and life balance, and we will also provide you with:
- Multiple on-campus, domestic and international Professional Development opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Holiday allowance and birthday benefit
- Relocation allowance
- Flight allowance
- A pension plan
- Global health insurance & China social insurance
- Housing allowance
- Free tuition for VMA staff’s child entering VMA
- Paid public holidays, winter and summer holidays, Christmas holidays, AP holidays
- Two 0.5-day paid personal leave per month and 15-day paid sick leave per academic year
- Marriage leave, bereavement leave and maternity leave in accordance with Chinese laws
Join us in creating a community of learners!
Please send your resume to the following email address: email@example.com with the title of “name + job position”.
Should you have any question, please feel free to contact 0755 22747965.